Sunday, April 5, 2009

Isaac Gets the Last Laugh

Isaac and I headed to North Branch yesterday for a short day-trip. A friend who lives down there, Sara, scoped out the outlet furniture stores for me about a month ago; we need a dresser for Isaac so the changing table can go in the baby's room. It was great to see her and her family, and I got a dresser! Yippee!

Well, on the way home, Isaac had an accident while sitting in his car seat. He's done really well (aka, staying dry and letting me know when he has to pee), so I didn't put a diaper on him (either I should have put a diaper on him...or I shouldn't have proclaimed in my last post that he was doing really well with potty-training!). I took the car seat out when we got home and was going to switch it out with an extra seat we have. That's when I realized all three of the car seats we have were filthy and since I had to wash one cover, I might as well wash all of them. For those of you who have car seats, you know that dismantling them and putting them back together isn't exactly easy. I washed all three covers and wiped down the shells.

So this morning before church I decided to put a different car seat in the car. This did not sit well with Isaac and he pitched a fit almost the whole way to church. Let me mention this is a much nicer car seat than the one he usually sits in (two cup holders, thick foam cushion underneath the cover).

He did pretty well in church today, if you don't count the tantrum he threw because he wanted a toy that the kid sitting next to us had. I know it's hard being 2 1/2 and not understanding that just because you see a toy doesn't mean it's yours. He also let me know that he had to go to the bathroom and was able to avoid an accident.

After the service, we get to the car and he climbs in his carseat like a trooper and doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that he's not in his usual car seat...until I'm strapping him in and he says "Mommy, I go potty" and he proceeds to pee ALL OVER the newly-cleaned/disinfected/thick-foam padding car seat. Unbelievable.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm sorry I have to admit that that made me chuckle a bit!