Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8 Years!

On August 16, Eddy and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! We both were on vacation, but decided to send the kids to daycare. I'd like to say we spent a romantic day together, but that would only be a partial truth. We WERE together, but spent the majority of the day deep cleaning our house. Romantic, right?! Not exactly fun, but it was great to get it done.

I had seen that there was going to be a 5K in our neighborhood on our anniversary. I signed Eddy and I up and signed the kids up for the 100-yard dash. Never in a million years did I think we would do a 5K together on our anniversary! My best friend was willing to watch the kids while we ran. Well, mother nature had a different plan. There was a DOWNPOUR just as we were heading out. We decided to drop the kids off at Courtney's house. Luckily our race was only delayed 20 minutes. Eddy's time was great and mine was a little disappointing (I guess I shouldn't aim for a personal record every time!), but overall we had a good time. Courtney took pictures for us afterwards. The evening's activities didn't goexactly as I had hoped, but we still had a good time.


No comments: