Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Homeless (For a Day)

The closing on our old house went smoothly. The buyer's husband pre-signed because he had to work. The wife was pleasant, but didn't seem overly excited. We hope they love the house and neighborhood.

Eddy took the kids in his car and we planned on splitting up to run a few errands before heading out. And then it hit me when I got in the car. We didn't own a home in Duluth anymore. We were actually moving. And homeless, if only for a day. And I was sad. Really sad. Like a saying my mom shared with me, I felt like a trapeze artist who had let go on one bar, but hadn't grabbed the next one yet. A state of limbo. The unknown.

After I got that out of my system, we all met up at Eddy's dad's job to say goodbye. It's going to be very strange not living a few miles away from them.


After that, we got in the car and drove 7 hours and stayed with our host family's house.

No comments: