I've told several people that once we moved and got a little settled, I wanted to start a blog. My thought is that instead of sending mass e-mails, I can update our comings/goings, share photos, and document Isaac's growth and development.
It's been a hectic spring. We sold our house and closed on the old and new house on April 23rd. We were supposed to close on April 16, but that's a long story and really, I don't want to relive it! In the end, we had wonderful helpers the next several days who helped us move all of our belongings in. Eddy was in the middle of baseball season, and unfortunately, the weather was not nearly as cooperative as we had hoped; several games that were supposed to be home games, ended up being away games. Although the team did not make it into the playoffs, they won 17 games, which is more games than any season since 1974! Needless to say, he's done an amazing job with his first recruiting class. Also going on, was that the clinic I work at was initiating an electronic health record, which required me to be at several training sessions during my days off. Thank goodness for Eddy's flexible schedule, Papa Steve, and our wonderful daycare!
We love our new home! We more than doubled our square footage and feel like we now have breathing room. I think Isaac's still getting used to his new space. For awhile it seemed as though he was thinking, "ok, this place is fun, but when are we going home?"! At one point I was able to get my car in the garage, but then Eddy's dad brought over some things that we had stored at his house, and my sister and her husband brought some furniture they had been keeping for us, and now I'm back to parking in the driveway.
Isaac continues to amaze us every day. He likes to run, especially in the opposite direction of where we'd like him to go! He's babbling a lot and some of it is (somewhat) understandable. I realized that he says "excuse me" when we walk by people in a store! Other words include, thank you, please, treat, uh-oh, momma, dadda, auntie, papa, grandpa, grandma, puppy, and lots of animal sounds. I think he's working on his two-year molars, as he's drueling a lot and chews on everything. I also think he is going through a growth spurt--he's ALWAYS eating! I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Here are a few pictures:
First, our new house! This picture is from the Fall, when the house was for sale. The deer ate the tall shrubs, so we'll be digging those out soon.
It's been a hectic spring. We sold our house and closed on the old and new house on April 23rd. We were supposed to close on April 16, but that's a long story and really, I don't want to relive it! In the end, we had wonderful helpers the next several days who helped us move all of our belongings in. Eddy was in the middle of baseball season, and unfortunately, the weather was not nearly as cooperative as we had hoped; several games that were supposed to be home games, ended up being away games. Although the team did not make it into the playoffs, they won 17 games, which is more games than any season since 1974! Needless to say, he's done an amazing job with his first recruiting class. Also going on, was that the clinic I work at was initiating an electronic health record, which required me to be at several training sessions during my days off. Thank goodness for Eddy's flexible schedule, Papa Steve, and our wonderful daycare!
We love our new home! We more than doubled our square footage and feel like we now have breathing room. I think Isaac's still getting used to his new space. For awhile it seemed as though he was thinking, "ok, this place is fun, but when are we going home?"! At one point I was able to get my car in the garage, but then Eddy's dad brought over some things that we had stored at his house, and my sister and her husband brought some furniture they had been keeping for us, and now I'm back to parking in the driveway.
Isaac continues to amaze us every day. He likes to run, especially in the opposite direction of where we'd like him to go! He's babbling a lot and some of it is (somewhat) understandable. I realized that he says "excuse me" when we walk by people in a store! Other words include, thank you, please, treat, uh-oh, momma, dadda, auntie, papa, grandpa, grandma, puppy, and lots of animal sounds. I think he's working on his two-year molars, as he's drueling a lot and chews on everything. I also think he is going through a growth spurt--he's ALWAYS eating! I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
Here are a few pictures:
First, our new house! This picture is from the Fall, when the house was for sale. The deer ate the tall shrubs, so we'll be digging those out soon.

Isaac enjoying his treats on Easter!
Isaac and I enjoying a nice spring day on the pier at Canal Park.
Eddy and Isaac with his "If you think I'm cute, you should see my uncle" shirt...Isaac's great-uncle Rich gave it to him!
I hope you'll add our blog to your "favorites" list and check often to see what we've been up to!
No comments:
Post a Comment