Monday morning we went for a run and then got ready for the day. We ate brunch at a local restaurant and then a sports store to get a couple of things for Eddy. He had to leave for the ballfield at 2. I was able to meet up with a friend that I met while working at Mayo. We haven't seen each other since I moved back to Duluth in 2003! We have kept in touch, but it was great to see her.
Jeff and Cindy brought me to the game. It was quite the pomp and circumstance! A helicopter that said "Chinooks" dropped off the team mascot. There was a video montage on the score board, and all the team owners were there. The stadium is beautiful and the owners really did everything first class.
The game got under way and I got a couple backside shots of my hubby!
This is what he looks like standing next to a D1 baseball player!
Eddy was SUPER embarrassed that I wanted to get a picture of him, but at least I let him stand in the dugout and not on the pitcher's mound!
I was able to meet the other coaches and the head coach's wife. It will be fun to see them, and the team again. The next morning I had to head out to pick up the kids and get to Isaac's baseball game that evening. It was a really quick trip, but it was pretty cool to be able to see the inaugural game and see how Eddy was going to be spending his summer. Halfway into the trip we realized that we had TWO NIGHTS without the kids! It was nice to be with each other and have adult conversation. Grateful to my parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment