What a life we have built together. Two Master's degrees, two houses, and two amazing kids. We've both gotten new jobs, and now after 10 years of marriage, we will start a new chapter in a new town. From our first date, I knew Eddy wanted to be a head baseball coach. He has done that for the past seven years, but he's also had admissions duties along with that, along with some really big hurdles to develop a successful baseball program. And he did that. But growing it further would be next to impossible due to limitations that beyond his control. But now I realize that after being in Duluth since 1998 (minus my one-year stint in Rochester), this is the longest I have lived in one city. And all of my memories and milestones as an adult have happened here.
It's hard to imagine a life better than what we have made together in Duluth. But we have faith that this new experience will be good for our family. I married a good man. And the way things are right now (and have been for awhile), we don't get to be together much. I hold onto the idea that in Milwaukee we will grow as a couple, bond as a family, and make a lot of wonderful memories.
Edmund James, I love you with all my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment